Wednesday, 15 September 2010

My first easel card!

Some of my best friends have just announced their engagement & I wanted to make them a special card so I thought I'd try an easel card as I have never tried it before & I always think they look great.
I am going to be their bridesmaid & I know that the colour theme of the wedding is going to be purple & silver. I also know that they want swirls & butterflies on their wedding invitations as they have asked me to help them make them. They asked me if they would put them on their engagement card too!
I used a MS corner punch for the corners of the card & added purple gems to the centres. I stamped a silver swirl using my Inkadinkado Flourish Dot stamps & added clear & purple gems. I punched out four purple vellum butterflies using the MS large monarch butterfly punch. I added silver embossing powder to two of them & heated it with my heat gun & stuck them on top of the plain purple butterflies. I added two gems to the bodies. Finally I added a Craftwork Cards Congratulations sentiment.
I'm really happy with how it turned out & was surprised how much easier an easel card is to make than I had imagined. The photo isn't very good as I took it early this morning when I was in a rush to get to work & the light wasn't very good.
I gave them the card today & they absolutely love it.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion Challenge #23 - Technique Easel Card
Crafts and Me Challenge #13 - Easels

18 comments:

  1. Stunning card. I love the silver embossed butterflies and the swirl is perfect. Congrats to your friends too. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous card Fifi! I love the butterflies and the corner punches! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - well done on your first easel, they are totally addictive and I love them. Your silver florish looks amazing.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING card. I love the simplicity - it's just so elegant.

    I'm no looking at blogs anymore - it's just like online window shopping - I see everything I want without even going out of the door!

    I NEED te flourish stamp AND the butterfly punch. They're added to my neverending 'to buy' list! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about spelling mistakes - I have a headache. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really pretty love the swirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done it looks really elegant and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant.The punched corners really add a special touch.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fifi! Thought I'd just pop by to have a browse through your blog - you have a fab style! Well done on making this card - I haven't attempted it yet but really should cos they are lovely!

    I hope you enjoyed the Ladybug Crafts Ink blog hop - us DT girls had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! The butterflies and the swirls are perfect. I love easel cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the punched corners

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely card using your swirl stamp, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so very elegant. great job! Thank you for joining us this week on the craft your passion challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Easel card, I love how you,ve punched butterflies in the corners.
    Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely elegant card - that flourish is lovely and really gives a fab look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Such an elegant card. Thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Passion this week. x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is stunning, I love everything about it x

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is gorjuss, love the butterflies as well

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete