Monday, 7 March 2011

Birthday Card

I made this card for my friend Maya's birthday following the sketch on the LOTV challenge blog here
She has three cats so I thought my Thomas Cat stamp would be perfect for her card. I stamped him onto a plain piece of white cardstock & cut it into an oval using my nesties & coloured it in using my promarkers. I covered my card in some spotty paper that I had in my stash, then stuck a pale blue scalloped circle from Craftwork cards around the card. I finished the card off with some sticky lace, flowers (with sticky pearls in the centre) & a sentiment. Sorry about the poor quality picture, I had to take it first thing this morning (at about half 6) as I had to post it on the way to work, so the light wasn't that good. It looked alot more bright & cheerful than it does here!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
LOTV Challenge 86 - Sketch by Bev
Passion for Promarker - Sugar Rush
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz Challenge #9 - Four Legged Friends
Crafty Ann's Challenge #35 - Birthday Card
Little Claire's Challenge #2 - Flowers
Sarah Hurley Challenge #32 - Four Legged Friends

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, love the image and colours!!. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will be happy reciving this beautiful card. I love the image and the nice colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining Pfp this week:=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty, love the image and the backing paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. thanks for joining us at PfP.
    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card hun. Love the image. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fifi, what a gorgeously girly card! I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great choice of papers and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thomas is one of my favourite images! This is a really lovely card, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card fifi.the image is adorable and i love your pretty paper and colours.
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww such a cute little card, love that little charactor too!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire and hope to see you again for the next challenge!

    Kitty xx

    Ps - i have blog candy on my blog if you fancy entering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty card I love the cat stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and delicate - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card I love this stamp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet image on a lovely card. Thank you for joining in with Craft Ann's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh this is very pretty. Love your take on the sketch. Thankyou for joining us on LOTV xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. whata pretty little card
    Thanks for joining us at sarah Hurley
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card - I love the layout. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, the colours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, love the colour and the image

    ReplyDelete