I thought I'd try & be a bit organised & get some cards made ahead of time instead of leaving things until the last minute like I usually do. Yesterday I made a Mothers Day card for my OH's Mam. Her favourite colour is white hence the card is all white (apart from the gold writing on the sentiment).
I had seen a card made with the Marianne D Flower on here & thought it looked lovely so decided to do one too. I cut the flower & leaves out using white pearlescent paper. I then cut out two squares from the same paper using Nesties. I layered the leaves & flowers up on the smaller square & embossed the larger square in my cuttlebug. Stupidly, I hadn't noticed that the paper was only pearlescent on one side so it turns out the pattern is debossed rather than embossed! I stuck the debossed square flat to the cardstock & then used foam pads to raised the smaller square & flower above it. I used a sticky pearl as the centre of the flower & as the parts of the card that didn't have paper on looked a bit plain I added pearls to this too. I finished it off using a sentiment from Craftwork cards. I would have preferred the sentiment to have been in silver but unfortunately I didn't have any in my stash.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CRAFT Challenge - Mothers Day
MSE Challenge - Mothers Day
Little Claires - Challenge 2 - Flowers

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining in with us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week.
ReplyDeleteKevin xx
This is so beautiful x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful - I love it. x
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous project, thanks for joining in with CRAFT challenge this week
ReplyDeleteHugs
Suzanne x
Guest DT
Really pretty card - I've done that with embossing/debossing too! x
ReplyDeleteHi there, beautiful use of flowers, just right for the Little Claire challenge this time, thanks for joining us, good luck! Heidi x
ReplyDeleteReally pretty card
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. So simple but effective. It's lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.
It's so pretty all in white. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x
ReplyDeleteFab card - some lovely flowers on it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Jaqui x
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the colour looks so classy, thanks for joining the mse challenge
ReplyDeleteWow that card is beautiful
ReplyDelete